Content marketing is a business strategy, used to acquire a groups of regular customers. In this strategy, company take actions that promote valuable content for a specific segment of recipients. Content marketing is not one-way advertising message, but an undertaking that leads to creating long-lasting and intensive relationships with a selected group of clients.
Organizations that want to reach a specific group of customers use various types of content marketing tools. Few of many examples are publishing articles on your own website, conducting promotional activities using social media and more often creating video clips.
Published content most often relates to the usage and maintenance of product. By using video films, company shows the product's capabilities and functions as well as other utility features like shape or size. It is also very popular to create content that will affect the customer's habits and change their lifestyle.
Content marketing allows gaining a significantly higher number of sales leads compared to traditional marketing. Thanks to content marketing it is possible to build relationships with the customer through the information that he is looking for. Another very important benefit is creating a positive image of the company and the brand.
Benefits of Content Marketing:
- Search Engine Visibility - Appearing on the first page of search engine results pages significantly increases visibility of your brand. Most of consumers begin their journey by using a search engine to discover new products and services. Targeting proper keywords and topics that your customers frequently search for should increase visibility of your brand.
- Increased Website Traffic - Publishing articles and posts that are engaging and effective can result in increasing traffic to the website. Systematic publishing can result in multiplying amount of potential clients that visit your website.
- Domain Authority - The perceived expertise, authority, relevance and trust of your site can be achieved by publishing helpful, entertaining and inspiring high quality content. A higher domain authority is strongly linked with higher search rankings.
- Improved Brand Recognition - The more content a business publish, the better impression of your brand customer gets. A highly visible brand tends to be more often remembered by consumer, and content marketing can make sure that the emotions associated with your products are a positive ones.
- Better Customer Relationships - Positive brand reputation can help gain a bigger audience but also increase the loyalty and closeness of your customer relationships. A systematic publishing of content helps your brand build bonds with existing clients - customers relying on you as a primary source of information are bound to stick around, buy more often, advocate for your brand and refer friends.
- Decreased Marketing Costs - Content marketing is incredibly cost-effective, safe and available for anyone in any industry. During first steps of developing a content marketing strategy there might not be significant results, but over time you will see more growth. In return proper use of content marketing can easily multiply your investment.