The main goal of any eCommerce site is to sell more and better. It is achievable by offering a personalized customer experience and acquiring the best merchandising, commercial animation and purchase support solutions.
The eCommerce market is constantly growing and evolving. Customers buy online by using smartphones and tablets as often as laptops and personal computers.
B2C consumer wants not only easy online access to their favorite retailers but personalized experience with custom product recommendations, variety of payment methods and preference recognition capabilities.
Top B2C eCommerce functionalities
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a business philosophy that puts the customer at the center of the company's interest - not only at the sales stage, but also during the exploitation of the purchased product (and later). The CRM approach strengthens the bond between company and clients, maximizing the benefits that way. Good customer relations positively affect his satisfaction and attachment to company, resulting in increased chances of prolonging cooperation.
The CRM system is a tool supporting the realization of the CRM philosophy. When talking about the CRM system, it most often means specialized software with the functionality to collect information about customer relations - including:
- contact details of companies and their employees
- customer preferences and their special features
- clients subject of interest (for example: inquiries about the offer)
- identified sales opportunities
- products used by the customer (both purchased from your company and from the competition)
- history of cooperation with your company (for example: transactions made)
- customer contacts with your company (for example: meetings, emails, phone calls)
Benefits of CRM:
- Automation of Daily Tasks - automated CRM system takes care of the task that must be completed in order for everything to function properly. Few examples we can mention are: filling out forms, sending reports, addressing legal issues.
- Improved Efficiency for Multiple Teams - Automatically stored communication allows you to view emails, calendar and phone calls details in one accessible place. Multiple teams can access and share valuable information about clients to get the desired result of closing a sale, knowledge of new products or excellent customer service. Every employee can tag team member to get the right information to the right individual.
- Data Analysis and Reporting - CRM systems store information in one place, simplifying the process of data analysis. You can personalize your dashboard to overview needed data such as customer information, sales goals or performance reports. Using data reporting you can make effective decisions to gain customer loyalty and long run profitability.
- Improved Informational Organization - The more you know about your customers, the better you’ll be able to provide them with solutions to their problems. CRM allows you to store a list of customers and any important information regarding them. Access to their file is convenient due to the cloud, so no matter who is helping the customer in question, the same actionable data will be instantly available. This will result in saving more time for clients and employees.
- Improved Ability to Cross-sell - The more you know about your customers the more your clients know you care about them. By creating a deeper relationship with your clients you get to know their needs and you can provide the solution to their next problem.
- Enhanced Communication - CRM makes it possible to share access to the same customer data. There is always probability that your customers main point of contact with your company will not be available and the client will be forced to communicate with someone new. In that situation, some customers may find it inconvenient to once again describe their problem to another employee who doesn’t completely understand their unique preferences and issues. CRM helps in this matter by providing detailed customer information. Fact that CRM is cloud-based and accessible from any device with an Internet connection you are not limited only to the office.
- Improved Customer Service - When your customers experience a problem they expect to quickly receive solution. With CRM your employees will be able to retrieve all important activities like past purchases, preferences and anything else that might assist them in solving customer problems. Your representatives, using past information and history, will be able to quickly deliver a solution, thanks to an accessible database of potential issues.
Personalization in online stores is one of the most popular eCommerce trends. This topic refers to product recommendations, payment or shipping methods, even for the recovery of shopping carts. Without the use of techniques to adjust the B2C platform to the preferences of a specific customer, there is no reason to expect an increase in profits from online sales.
More and more customers expect individual offers as well as unconventional communication between them and the company. This means that users are more likely to choose online stores that will faster discover their needs related to offered assortment, sales process and communication. Maladjustment of the message content, inadequate suggestions of recommended products or accidental advertisements cause the lack of user actions and results in loss of the potential customers.
The reason why it is worth investing in personalization is the fact that customer spends significantly more time in the store. Thanks to this, they leave more data about their shopping tastes, what gives the store an advantage over competition. Good knowledge of customers and their preferences will help adjusting the store's offer and infrastructure to gain customer loyalty, and thus sell more and better. Based on shopper behavior during previous visits to the store, you can show him product recommendations that he may like, increasing the probability of purchase.
Benefits of Personalization:
- Newcomers Friendly - Personalization can help you welcome new users to your website. Using email marketing welcome program you can get a better start with new customers, showing them that you have information relevant to their interests or needs. The personalization can be based on the first visited page of your website, purchase they made or the campaign that got their interest.
- Call to Action (CTA) Conversion - A proper CTA can encourage customer to read a post, take a survey, start a free trial or watch a demo. Personalized CTAs perform significantly better than their generic counterparts. If customer who is already on your mailing list visits your site, he shouldn’t see a pop up asking to sign up again. In that situation client should be encouraged to take a different action, like starting a free trial or trying a product demo.
- Improved Customer Loyalty - When you personalize your website to make it look warm, welcoming and individualized, you will surely boost customer loyalty. Most of the consumers choose brands that show they care about them. When you show your clients that you understand them, over time you will notice a higher long-term value.
- Optimized Follow Up Emails - If you don’t want your emails filtered into spam folder, a good solution would be sending them less and better tailored for individual customer. You can sort visitors into different categories and send them follow-up email with personalized content. With proper tracking and website personalization, you don’t have to send survey emails in order to find out what your visitors are interested in. Customers will self-select desired categories and save you a lot of time and resources.
- Increased Time on Website - Showing visitors content that is relevant to them, increases chances that they will stay at your site longer. In order to decrease bounce rate and improve time spent on site it’s crucial to personalize the experience. You want to give customer a reason to explore the site and hang out with your products. By analyzing clients past behavior, the site is able to fit client interests.
Content marketing is a business strategy, used to acquire a groups of regular customers. In this strategy, company take actions that promote valuable content for a specific segment of recipients. Content marketing is not one-way advertising message, but an undertaking that leads to creating long-lasting and intensive relationships with a selected group of clients.
Organizations that want to reach a specific group of customers use various types of content marketing tools. Few of many examples are publishing articles on your own website, conducting promotional activities using social media and more often creating video clips.
Published content most often relates to the usage and maintenance of product. By using video films, company shows the product's capabilities and functions as well as other utility features like shape or size. It is also very popular to create content that will affect the customer's habits and change their lifestyle.
Content marketing allows gaining a significantly higher number of sales leads compared to traditional marketing. Thanks to content marketing it is possible to build relationships with the customer through the information that he is looking for. Another very important benefit is creating a positive image of the company and the brand.
Benefits of Content Marketing:
- Search Engine Visibility - Appearing on the first page of search engine results pages significantly increases visibility of your brand. Most of consumers begin their journey by using a search engine to discover new products and services. Targeting proper keywords and topics that your customers frequently search for should increase visibility of your brand.
- Increased Website Traffic - Publishing articles and posts that are engaging and effective can result in increasing traffic to the website. Systematic publishing can result in multiplying amount of potential clients that visit your website.
- Domain Authority - The perceived expertise, authority, relevance and trust of your site can be achieved by publishing helpful, entertaining and inspiring high quality content. A higher domain authority is strongly linked with higher search rankings.
- Improved Brand Recognition - The more content a business publish, the better impression of your brand customer gets. A highly visible brand tends to be more often remembered by consumer, and content marketing can make sure that the emotions associated with your products are a positive ones.
- Better Customer Relationships - Positive brand reputation can help gain a bigger audience but also increase the loyalty and closeness of your customer relationships. A systematic publishing of content helps your brand build bonds with existing clients - customers relying on you as a primary source of information are bound to stick around, buy more often, advocate for your brand and refer friends.
- Decreased Marketing Costs - Content marketing is incredibly cost-effective, safe and available for anyone in any industry. During first steps of developing a content marketing strategy there might not be significant results, but over time you will see more growth. In return proper use of content marketing can easily multiply your investment.